Senior Vice President – Education
email@example.com | (303) 316-3012
Mary Seawell leads work on education initiatives, particularly in the areas of innovations in governance and delivery of public education services, rural school innovation, public policy and strategies for expanding the pipeline of excellent school leaders and teachers.
Mary has served previously as the Executive Director of the Sturm Family Foundation and the Judith Ann Griese Foundation. She has also served as a Director and member of the Grantmaking Committee for the Charles T. Beaird Foundation, and a board member and Chair of the Grantmaking Committee for the Chinook Fund. From 1993 to 2003 she worked in various capacities at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and the Denver District Attorney’s Office. Mary also worked for Get Smart Schools developing an MBA program at the University of Denver for autonomous school leaders.
Mary has served on numerous community boards including the Odyssey School, the Denver Language School, The Lab at Belmar, Bluff Lake Nature Center and Rape Assistance and Awareness Program.
Mary was elected to the Denver Public Schools Board of Education in 2009 and served as its President from 2011-2013. She is a graduate of American University (Print Journalism and Philosophy) and has a law degree from the University of Denver College of Law. She also studied Literature at Cambridge University in Cambridge, England.
Posts by Mary Seawell
- 15 Teams Selected to Receive Planning and Design Support to Apply for RISE Education Fund
- Planning & Design Support Available for Applicants to Governor’s RISE Education Fund
- Denver Doubles Down on Innovation Zones
- Denver Needs a New Path Toward Equity for All Students and Families
- Jan. 30: Denver’s First Innovation Zone – How It Got Built and Early Lessons
- Innovation Zones Launch Across Colorado
- Denver Charter School Grantees Explore Expansion Into Aurora
- Foundation Supports SchoolVault, a Formative Assessment Tool and Support Network Being Developed by the Durango and Bayfield School Districts
- GFF Invests in Lake County School District Turnaround Effort
- GFF Makes $500,000 Grant to Support Teach For America